Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Music Tuesday

Cocktails with Clint presents: New Music Tuesday

Every Tuesday I will feature a few artists or songs that I wish to share with you. This music is new in the sense that it is generally new to me. It's likely that some of my featured artists will be old favorites of some other individuals, but since I'm just discovering most of them for the first time I want to provide the same opportunity for others.
In addition to the new music, I may recommend an older artist or song that is one of my favorites.

This week we have four videos for you to check out.

1. Flo Rida - Club Can't Handle Me ft. David Guetta

This song has been playing on the local radio stations lately. It's appropriate for the Step Up 3D soundtrack as it is excellent dance music. I found the first Step Up movie a bit too cheesy. The sequel of Step Up, Step Up: 2 the Streets was so over the top and cheesetastic that I couldn't help but enjoy myself. Flo Rida contributed to the second movie and it seems he's trying to cash in once again with a catchy club song. Give it a listen when your headed out to the club or starting your very own dance party in your bedroom.
Flo rida - wikipedia

2. Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over

I first heard this song as a live performance during the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. It sounds just as good live, but this video is just too good as well. Perhaps Florence and company are headed toward one-hit wonder fame, but I enjoy the sound and creativity involved in this particular song. Check out Florence+the Machine on itunes or youtube.com
Florence+the Machine- Wikipedia

3. Heartless Bastards- Sway


My first encounter with Heartless Bastards came while watching an episode of Friday Night Lights(good show by the way). I was instantly drawn to the emotive singing and interesting chord exchanges. This particular song is one of my favorites. When the chorus kicks in I really do feel a certain sinking feeling and the title "Sway" just seems so right.
Heartless Bastards- Wikipedia

4. The California Honeydrops - Spreading Honey


My recommendation of The California Honeydrops comes to us via my older sister. She recently attended one of their shows. I found this video online and decided that I like it. This is just good groove blues music.
The California Honeydrops-wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment